Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm Addicted

Greetings from yonder Windows ladies and gents,

I would like to take this time to confess a few things. I am an addict. Wow I feel better by saying that! It’s difficult, but the first hurdle is denial and it’s all downhill from here!

I have a very addictive personality, I have learned, and recently it has gotten worse. It started with just the occasional chocolate, and of course lipstick, then Elvis came along and it all spiraled from there.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, “She’s addicted to Elvis? Tragic”, I know, believe me. I try but whenever I see or hear the King, I nigh swoon and my heart starts a rapid tattoo to the beat of his crooning.

I pass a collectible store and I buy it out of all Elvis stock. I’m now out of money, but I am a well-known and happy customer!

I even converted to the Presleyterian Church, and created and Elvis prayer. Sacrilegious, maybe, but I told you, I’ve got it bad.

But Elvis is not where I draw the line. I blame him of course, but he understands. I have also become so addicted to old music of the 50’s and 60’s, and movies from the 30’s and 40’s. I may as well build a time machine or buy a Delorean (there must be some way!).

It’s sad, I know, but anything I even remotely start to enjoy, I go overboard. Now does this sound like the ravings of an addict? I think so…scratch that, I know so, but at least I am getting help.

If you would like to help, listen to A Blonde Joke, Wednesdays at 4:30. (Oh you’ve got to love shameless plugs…)

And remember children, not all bugs need drugs.

-Marisa

1 comment:

TravisLee87 said...

You're just loyal and passionate.

Still...I was kind of creeped out by the Presleyterian Church thing!