Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fandemonium

Obsessed fans.

That is all I have to say. Just two small words and they describe so much. Personally, I think obsession has been taken to a new level.

I’ll admit, I have my own obsessions, but when it comes to the new novel-turned-movie “Twilight”, the fans have become wild fiends intent upon screaming civilization as we know it to shambles.

I knew “Twilight” was big, I even love the books myself, but I never really knew until the release of “Breaking Dawn” this summer.

The book store was absolutely packed with costumed teenage girls waiting to get the new installment. When the book came out at midnight, a stampede of adolescents trampled me to get in the line, which already wrapped around the Mega Store.

If that wasn’t bad enough, “Twilight Live @ Much” brought the pandemonium to epic proportions. Young girls sat in the rain for two days waiting for the cast of “Twilight” to come to Much Music.

When they arrived, the interview, which was the most disappointing, useless interview imaginable, was made even worse by the fact that all the little lasses screamed for ten minutes straight when star Robert Pattinson appeared. The screaming continued for an hour, blocking any hope there may have been for even a sub-par question and answer session.

Here is the first part of “Twilight Live @ Much” on youtube. Watch the gaggle of girls as the cast arrives, then you’ll know what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0hwiuLom5M

With the release of the actual movie tomorrow, I am scared for my life because of these crazed females.

Obsession is alright by me, but there is a line and “Twilighters” are miles away from it. What good does it do to scream for an hour at a young Brit who will never be anything to you but a poster or a moving picture?

I beg of you ladies, tone it down, and keep it to yourself when you’re locked in your room like everybody else, or I may just have to hunt you down!

And remember, mares eat oats, and does eat oats, but little lambs eat ivy.

-Marisa

No comments: